News and Media Relations
- Director of News and Media Relations
- Administration/Executive Team/Board of Trustees
- Policy and Funding Issues
- Research Centers and Institutes
- International Programs & Services
- Graduate School
- Her specialties include working with local, regional, national and special-interest
- She is skilled at finding and developing University news and research stories and
interesting the news media in covering them.
- She maintains the University Experts Guide.
- She is a former newspaper reporter and magazine writer.
- She enjoys reading detective stories and science fiction novels.
- VPA, Humanities, Cognitive & Learning Sciences, Social Sciences
- K-12/Youth Programs
- Student Activities/Student Affairs/Financial Aid/Advancement
- Director of Research News
- Sciences, Engineering and Technology
- School of Forest Resources & Environmental Science
- She focuses on writing new stories about Michigan Tech research -- everything from
robotic prostheses to mesocosms to the physics of raindrops.
- A University of Montana graduate, she earned a master's degree in environmental science
and natural resource journalism, which built on her bachelor's in geoscience from
- She also teaches dance through the Student Development Complex's community programs.
- She's a radio geek.
- Director of Communications and Public Relations
- Stefanie leads UMC's communications strategy and serves as a special assistant for
state relations endeavors.
- Her professional background includes experience in law, government relations, higher
education administration, and creative writing.
- She earned her law degree at Arizona State University's Sandra Day O'Connor College
of Law, her master's in creative writing from the University of Cambridge, and her
bachelor’s in English at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- She enjoys spending time her family and moonlights as fiction writer and editor.
- Science and Technology Publications Writer
- She writes university research stories and articles for university publications.
- She studied news-editorial journalism and American literature at the University of
Nebraska-Lincoln and holds a master's in technical communication from Montana Tech.
She is pursuing her doctorate in environmental policy at Michigan Tech.
- Her career includes writing for small-town newspapers in Montana and working as a
public information officer, an events coordinator, and science editor for an IEEE
- She enjoys hiking and cross-country skiing with her family, reading voraciously, crocheting,
and exploring the Keweenaw.
- The former Daily Mining Gazette journalist and editor hails from Houghton and has
written for a variety of international, national and regional publications.
- She co-creates, writes and edits content for the University’s myriad forms of new
media, including websites, blogs and other outreach across departments, for new and
existing members of the Michigan Tech community.
- She is a sailor who enjoys Yoga, social media, gardening, and anything near the water.
The debut novelist looks forward to writing more books.