Husky Host Program
Want to know what campus life is really like at Michigan Tech? Be a Husky for a day with our free Husky Host program!
High school juniors and seniors are invited to experience life at Michigan Tech by spending the night with a student host on select days during the school year when classes are in session.
Husky Host participants receive:
- A one-night stay with a current student in one of our three residence halls—we supply a mattress, linens, pillow, and blanket.
- Dinner on the day of check in, breakfast on the day of check out, and spending credit at our Campus Café in Wadsworth Hall.
- An overnight parking permit (if needed).
- A complimentary VIP Pass to experience everything Michigan Tech has to offer. See the full list of VIP Pass opportunities.
- The opportunity to meet other Michigan Tech students.
Registration for the Husky Host program is now open for the following dates. Please note that a minimum of two weeks notice is required to plan your stay—late requests are not accepted.
- Friday, September 29, 2017
- Friday, October 13, 2017
- Friday, October 20, 2017
- Friday, November 3, 2017
- Friday, November 10, 2017
- Friday, January 26, 2018
- Friday, February 16, 2018
- Sunday, February 18, 2018
- Friday, March 23, 2018
- Friday, April 6, 2018
Prospective students must schedule a campus tour in conjunction with the Husky Host stay or must have toured campus previously to be eligible to participate. If more than one student wishes to participate in the Husky Host program, please register each separately.
To schedule your campus visit and the Husky Host program, contact the Admissions Office at 888-688-1885 or schedule your visit online.
The Housing and Residential Life staff will email you a confirmation letter one week prior to your visit with your host's name and instructions on where to check in.